WHO WE ARE
Are you enjoying your job-seeking process? Can you imagine a better way? We at Arena not only imagine a better way, we are working toward making it a reality.
Resumes, pedigree, assessments, and personal connections have proven time and again to be ineffective at predicting actual job performance. These age-old processes reinforce bias. They burden the applicant and the employer with administrative tasks. And they contribute little insight and information to guide either party in determining if they are a good match.
At Arena, you can help replace these outdated processes, one client at a time.
- Help organizations increase retention by putting the right people in the right jobs.
- Remove Bias from the hiring process. Sure, lots of products say it, but ask us how we do it.
- Be a part of a stable, fast growing company where we recognize that creativity, openness, and opportunity are what lead to achieving our mission.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are just beginning to build our BI capability and this position is the first BI team hire. The Director of BI will report directly to the CFO.
As a Director of Business Intelligence, you will sift through a variety of data and produce insightful information on the business outcomes we are generating. The opportunity to learn and grow with us is substantial – someone that is passionate and ready to seize the opportunity will quickly become an integral part of the leadership team at Arena.
The BI team will play an active role in:
- New business generation. By mining past performance, the BI team will provide the sales and marketing teams with valuable insights on what new clients should expect when they begin using Arena.
- Current client engagement and expansion. By presenting client results in relevant, easy-to-understand formats, the BI team will ensure that the clients understand the value of fully engaging with Arena.
- Ongoing operations. By critically reviewing the outcomes produced by Arena, the BI team will be an early identification system for client issues and operating abnormalities.
- Financial stewardship. By combing operating and financial metrics, the BI team will identify opportunities to improve growth, margins and controls.
- Set the overall vision for Business Intelligence at Arena including the ultimate move from the current centralized structure to self-serve applications
- Understand the competitive landscape and identify opportunities to adjust our go-to-market approach
- Act as point person for all data requests from Client Success, Sales, Marketing and Operations.
- Perform quantitative analysis of operational and financial data
- Create data visualizations that provide actionable insights for customers and senior leadership
- Ensure data integrity amongst different data sources and standardize measurements and definitions
- Proactively identify and execute process improvements, simplification, and automation
- Perform ad hoc analysis for customers and executives as required
SKILLS YOU NEED
We seek someone with a penchant for structured/logical thinking, a collaborative spirit, and an inquisitive mind.
- Approximately 5 years of experience in Business Intelligence/Analytics. Prior experience at a growing SaaS business is a plus.
- Experience with SQL and Python required. Experience in Mode is a plus.
- Data driven with very strong quantitative analysis skills including advanced Excel modeling.
- Energetic with good written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, as well as confidence to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to translate technical jargon and conversation multiple ways so all users can understand.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop, and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Comfortable working independently to start, with the ability to grow into a leadership role over time as the Company grows.
- Extreme attention to detail.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB
- The mission, the people, and the work.
- Work on a project that is making the world a better place.
- Work for a high growth company and learn in an environment where people care about growth and work/life balance.
- Work with amazing, leading edge technology.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and equity.