At Arena Analytics, we believe that talent is equally distributed, but opportunity is not. Our goal is to rewire the labor market by applying predictive analytics, data science, and artificial intelligence to transform the way organizations identify, match, and hire people. We’re looking for passionate, collaborative, entrepreneurial people who care about building valuable solutions to fundamentally shift hiring practices for the better.
Arena integrates with our customers’ Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) to help our customers match the right applicants to the right jobs. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, in this role you will migrate Arena’s integration software platform from OCaml to Node/TypeScript and continue development in TypeScript, as well as integrate customers and their data into our platform.
We’re looking for an individual who wants to apply your engineering talent to boost equitable hiring and retention. If you would enjoy a role that combines software development with directly solving real customer problems, read on!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing our next-generation back-end system in Node/TypeScript
- Implementing data integrations with customer ATS and HRIS systems with our current OCaml back-end system
- Collaborating closely with team members inside and outside of engineering
Qualifications and Skills:
- Familiarity with at least one functional programming language (Scala, Clojure, OCaml, Haskell, etc.) — OCaml experience a bonus but not required
- Commercial experience working with data-centric software systems
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Familiarity with an RDBMS such as PostgreSQL
- Experience working in an agile scrum workflow
Bonus points for:
- Direct experience with OCaml
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience with a distributed team
Work Hours and Benefits
Arena is a remote friendly company, with a main office in Baltimore, MD for those who love an office environment, and the opportunity to work remotely in multiple states. We believe in work-life balance and want our full-time exempt employees to complete their work within a 40 hour work week. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, equity grant, 401K, PTO, and annual learning stipend.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.