At Arena, we seek passionate, collaborative, entrepreneurial engineers to help us rethink how people are hired. We’re a small, early-stage, high-growth company that cares about producing a valuable product, growing together and using the right tool for the job. If this sounds like you, check out the openings below. We are hiring at all levels of experience at our New York City and Baltimore offices.
Mission and culture
At Arena our mission is simple: using data to illuminate talent. If you ask anyone at Arena about our company culture the first word you’ll probably hear is collaborative. While it’s true the people here are all intelligent, hardworking, and capable, we are also people who are open to criticism and check our egos at the door. We are charting new territory, and empathy and humility are critically important to our journey.
This is just the beginning of a revolution in how employers use data to make better HR decisions and how individuals are able to find fulfilling work beyond the bounds of bias.
We have doubled in size over the last year, enjoy substantial funding, and are growing even more in 2017.
What We Believe In:
- Empathy with one another and our users. Inclusiveness, communication and collaboration are core tenets of how we work.
- Contribution to the open source community. We are built on open source technologies and we give back.
- Small feedback loops are critical to developing product and technology.
- Ownership gives individuals the agency to grow and aligns outcomes.
What We Use:
- We code in OCaml on top of AWS, and make use of Python to glue things together.
- Visit us at techblog.arena.io
What we need you to do:
- Write server-side code for web-based applications and APIs.
- Create robust high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly.
- Work with Data Scientists to create a data pipeline that supports offline analysis, and online experimentation.
- Write automation code to deploy, monitor and alert to support your applications.
What we need from you:
- 5+ years' success producing and supporting quality, production, server side code
- Desire to work in an OCaml environment
- An entrepreneurial mindset -- you have a track record of easily learning new technologies. You are a self-directed learner who can adapt quickly to new tools to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills
- A collaborative approach to working on a team
- A passion about making the world a better place
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with OCaml or functional programming in any environment
- Experience building highly available, fault tolerant systems
- Experience building a data pipeline (bonus points for knowing about the Lambda Architecture).
- The mission, the people and the work.
- The mission: work on a project that is making the world a better place.
- The people: work for a high growth company, and learn in an environment where people care about growth and work/life balance.
- The work: pragmatically use amazing technology.
- Competitive salary, benefits and equity.
Please visit us at: https://www.arena.io/about/careers.html