We are a small, early stage, high growth company focused on using data science to transform the way people are hired. We seek an inventive, collaborative, Business Analyst to provide actionable insights that inform decisions affecting all aspects of our business. This is a rare opportunity to touch every aspect of a rapidly growing, well funded, early-stage startup. The scope of the work can range from providing inward facing analyses that inform both our business and product direction to externally facing that support our Sales and Marketing teams.
Mission and culture
At Arena our mission is simple: using data to illuminate talent. If you ask anyone at Arena about our company culture the first word you’ll probably hear is collaborative. While it’s true the people here are all intelligent, hardworking, and capable, we are also people who are open to criticism and check our egos at the door. We are charting new territory, and empathy and humility are critically important to our journey.
This is just the beginning of a revolution in how employers use data to make better HR decisions and how individuals are able to find fulfilling work beyond the bounds of bias.
We enjoy substantial funding and are building out our team as we gain market share.
- Causal analysis and forecasts: Propose appropriate business metrics for any business purpose; estimate the impact of Arena’s product on Arena clients’ metrics or on Arena’s business metrics; diagnose reasons that these metrics shift over time or display unusual patterns; make sound recommendations based on such causal analyses; forecast the level of these metrics whenever needed.
- Be the trusted source and keeper of business data: e.g.- where relevant data is stored, how it is ingested and utilized, data particularities etc.
- Partner with Sales to produce material for prospective clients and pre-sales pilot recommendations: e.g. industry turnover trend reports, prospect-specific analyses, recommended deployment areas/categories etc.
- Experiment management: Design experiments to solve problems, determine required sample sizes, forecast time to completion and draw conclusions from experiments.
- Refine internal product dashboard that shows trends and automatic alerts for outages and other unusual activities.
- Survey design, administration, and analysis: design surveys for business purposes with clear wording that elicit truthful responses; lead on the administration of such surveys; analyze these survey responses to arrive at reasonable conclusions. e.g. measuring engagement and adoption by self-reporting
- Partner with marketing: we want someone with the eye for good stories and unusual patterns and associations who is able to conduct varied analyses and present findings compellingly
- Provide client success team with insights on product performance, trends at each client, etc. Provide easily digestible reports that provide a clear picture and associated insights describing our success at each of our client's sites. e.g. ad-hoc data and analyses requests as well as a standard quarterly client executive summary report.
- Degree in a quantitatively oriented field, MBA a+
- 3+ years experience providing business insights in a commercial environment
- Track record of presenting analyses in the form of compelling written/visual stories to audiences ranging from line management to "C" suite.
- Strong technical skills (SQL, advanced MS Excel, Powerpoint, etc,)
- Demonstrated experience deriving insights from noisy data
- Keen business sense
- Strong Data Visualization Skills
- The mission, the people, and the work.
- The mission: work on a project that is making the world a better place.
- The people: work for a high growth company, and learn in an environment where people care about growth and work/life balance.
- The work: pragmatically use amazing technology.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and equity.
Please visit us at: https://www.arena.io/about/careers.html